Everything we do is focused on Growing Potential Together!
Founder Liz Whitfield, is a Chartered Accountant, qualified Executive Coach, Licensed Practitioner of Insights Discovery psychometric profiling and an NLP Practitioner. She has a unique style of warmth combined with confidence and a steely determination to get to the heart of the matter. She will keep you focused on your path to achieve your goals.
Working with clients, Liz inspires individuals to be at the top of their game, specialising in Leadership and team effectiveness. Drawing on her experience as an M&A partner in an international accountancy firm, Liz is able to identify with your business objectives and help move you forward.
Liz will work with you in a number of ways:
- Using Insights Discovery psychometric profiling to help the client have a good understanding of themselves and the starting point for the assignment
- Coaching – 1:1 to help clients resolve issues or as part of an on-going programme to develop themselves as a Leader
- Facilitation of group meetings – using a variety of techniques to utilise time most efficiently; gain equal participation from attendees; manage egos – to achieve goals and outcomes
- Teams – helping teams become highly performing and effective through workshops and coaching
- Leadership Boards – cross-industry Boards of directors who value different perspectives and the combined focus on problem-solving in a confidential environment
“Whether a business or an individual, we all need to grow. When we grow, we keep pace; we develop; we anticipate set-backs and we evolve.
When a business stands still, it moves backwards relative to market expansion. The slide backward gathers pace until the old model is no longer sustainable.
Growth is not necessarily all about turnover. It can be a culture and mindset; a shared vision from top to bottom; recruiting the right people; customer experience and innovation, as well as the fundamentals of a solid financial platform and well thought through business plan.
The quest for growth in profits is best revisited as a question ‘What more can we do as a business to support our clients’. This quest reaps its own results on the bottom line.”