Liz Whitfield ACA BSc(hons)
Liz is a high energy, high impact professional with 20+ years experience in the finance industry. A consummate professional, she is well known and well regarded, combining strong people skills with rigorous financial training. She brings a unique style to the Boardroom table.
Liz qualified as a Chartered Accountant in 1992, before specialising in Corporate Finance. Her career has spanned Big 4 and mid-tier accountancy firms as well as the ABL industry.
In more recent years, Liz has gained qualifications as a Licensed Practitioner of Insights Discovery, NLP Practitioner and Business Coach.
Why work with Liz?
- I have a track record of helping individuals and businesses to achieve their goals – see my Testimonial page
- I understand your ultimate goals for your business having advised SMEs on selling their businesses, making acquisitions and conducting management-buy-outs and having worked with private equity firms in pursuit of acquisitions
- I was a partner in a top 10 accountancy firm where I set up a corporate finance department, building a team and winning assignments
- I led national projects and initiatives for a Big 4 Bank across the UK
- I chaired a professional Women’s Network in London for 6 years
- I was the Independent Non-Executive Director of a limited company subsidiary of an NHS Trust (2012 – 2015)
- I am a Chartered Accountant (qualified 1992) and member of ICAEW
- I have qualifications from Warwick University – Coaching Diploma (2016/2017) Certificate in Coaching & Mentoring ( 2014/15) and Psychology (2011/12)
- Licensed Practitioner of Insights Discovery (2017)
- Member of the Association for Coaching (2016)
- NLP Practitioner (2008)
- Toastmasters International (2007)
- Time to Think Foundation course (2015)
- Time to Think Facilitator course (2016)
- Voluntary work –
- President of Solihull School Parents’ Association (2014/15) and Treasurer (2013/14)
- Treasurer of Cubs (2007-2014), Brownies (2005-2009)
- Fundraising for SENSE (2015 trek to Machu Picchu, Peru), Help for Heroes (2012 Triathlon, Blenheim Palace), Princes Trust (2013 Palace to Palace cycle ride)
- Personal – married with 2 children. Enjoys cycling and sailing; going to the theatre; and good company with a glass of wine!